Underlying many contemporary tensions and issues in our country are our own unexamined biases. Though unavoidable, these biases pose challenges to progress across political, personal, and professional domains.
By learning to navigate them within ourselves and educating others on the role of bias in society, we can collectively learn to wield them more wisely and promote proper education for future generations.
To engage potential change agents with these ideas and facilitate self-reflection and action, we believe it is essential to incorporate an emotive, experiential medium. With this in mind, we designed a one-night Art Show & Science Exhibit, entitled, “It’s Only Human: Exploring the Biases that Shape Our World”.
The exhibits for this event will subsequently be compiled into a hardcover and e-book. In addition to general sales, these books will be freely distributed to teachers and trainers nationwide as a resource for introducing their students to their own biases.
All proceeds will benefit the work of The People’s Science. As such, all donations made to support this event are tax deductible.
Click below to learn more:
The People’s Science is a 501(c)3 non-profit that started as a collaboration between educators and researchers at Harvard Graduate School of Education and Stanford University. The mission of The People’s Science is to improve access to high quality and accessible science, and to foster people’s understanding of themselves, others, and information. Towards this end, we develop and share practical STEM engagement tools and resources that promote digital, media, scientific, and psychological literacy.
We believe that STEM education and 21st century information literacy is critical to a healthy society. We also aim to dismantle the barriers between science, society, and the individual by curating an experience where scientists, educators, and artists collaborate to bring attention to the research that's relevant to our daily lives.
You can learn more about the organization here.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Our sponsors are critical to the success of our educational and fundraising goals. We believe that the consequences of the issues addressed by The People’s Science are often overlooked, though they are pervasive forces affecting everyone’s personal, professional, and political lives. By bringing attention to these issues and raising funds to continue supporting our efforts to train, empower, and support an informed public, we can begin to craft a better future. We hope you will support us in this effort to provide much needed resources for both children and adults.
We are committed to doing everything possible to ensure that this is a mutually beneficial partnership. As such, all sponsors will be featured on displays throughout the event. All donations are tax-deductible.
Please note the amounts listed below include both cash and in-kind donations.
We offer sponsorship at three levels:
DONOR | <$2500
- Link to site listed on the project's "Donors" web page
- Donor logo listed on the "Donors" display at the event and alongside any items donated to the Silent Auction
SPONSOR | $2500-$7500
- Logo, link, and organization profile listed on the project's "Sponsors" web page
- Sponsor information and logo listed on the "Sponsors" display at the event, alongside any items donated to the Silent Auction
- Sponsor information included in the "Sponsors & Partners" section of the book
- Sponsor linked to and thanked via social media and introduced as a sponsor at the event
- 4 tickets to the event
PARTNER | >$7500
- Logo, link, and organization profile listed on the project's "Partners" web page
- Logo, link, and organization profile listed on the The People's Science homepage
- Partner logo and profile given separate display space at the event
- Partner logo featured on all paper materials affiliated with the event
- Partner logo and profile included in the "Sponsors & Partners" section of the book
- Partner linked to and thanked via social media and introduced as a parter at the event
- 4 tickets to the event
We greatly appreciate your contribution at the level that is best suited to your organization. We hope you will see this as a unique opportunity to support an organization and event that both educates and inspires practical, real world change.
Please email us with any questions or to discuss sponsorship.
Thank you for your time and consideration!